At SafeAuto Insurance, we think that taking road trips is probably the best way to see any place. We thought we’d help you start planning your road trip bucket list by telling you about some of the most beautiful roads in the world. Just remember, if you plan on packing up your bags and plugging in an exciting address into your GPS, make sure to stay ‘Legal For Less’ by driving insured.
- The Overseas Highway in the Florida Keys: This highway leaps from island to island across 42 bridges. It’s mostly over water and it takes about four hours to drive the whole thing.
- Atlantic Road in Norway: This road was voted as the Norwegian construction of the century. It’s a give mile long stretch of road that rises and falls at many places like the sea during some rough waves. The road itself is spectacular and so is the scenery surrounding it.
- Guiliand Tunnel Road in China: This tunnel road is carved from the mountains, is 1,200 meters long, 5 meters high, and 4 meters wide. In addition to being one of the most beautiful roads, it’s also one of the most dangerous. In fact, it’s commonly called “the road that does not tolerate any mistakes.”
- Col de Turini in France: This road is situated in a mountain pass in the South of France in the Alps one mile above sea level. It’s part of a 20 mile rally stage every year of the Monte Carlo Rally in the World Rally Championship and the scenery makes it one of the most attractive and exciting roads on earth.
- Highway 1 in Big Sur, California: This is a major north-south state highway that runs along most of the Pacific coastline of California and is famous for running along some of the most beautiful coastlines in the US.
- Chapman’s Peak Drive in Cape Town, South Africa: With its curves and rocky coastlines, this road offers stunning views with many areas along the way to stop and take in the scenery.
- Great Ocean Road in Australia: This is a 151 mile stretch of road along the south-eastern coast of Australia and is the world’s largest war memorial, dedicated to casualties of WW1. Not only does it provide beautiful scenery, it also has access to several prominent landmarks.
- Dades Gorges in High Atlas Morocco: This is a very popular destination for travellers in Morocco. It was carved over centuries by the Dades River and travelers can follow a mountain loop to see the best views along the road.
There are so many beautiful and fabulous things to see in the world, and as we mentioned, we think that driving is the best way to experience so many of them! Make sure, however, that wherever you’re driving, you are insured. Visit www.safeauto.com for a free auto insurance quote from the state-minimum insurance provider.