Is there anything you love more than seeing holiday lights in December (well, maybe other than Christmas or Hanukkah presents)? Not us! We don’t know about you, but we would be willing to travel far and wide to see a good display of holiday lights. So, why not start your holiday season off with a road trip to some of the best displays across the country? Sounds pretty great to us!
- We always knew that Hershey, Pennsylvania did chocolate like no one else, but we didn’t know they also were experts at holiday lights. I guess maybe we should have taken a hint from their wintertime name, Christmas Candyland. Take a two-mile drive through the woods past dozens of sparkling and magical displays, and hey, why not pick up a chocolate bar (or two or three) for the trip.
- 60 miles from Pittsburgh, the Oglebay Winter Festival of Lights attracts more than 1 million visitors to the largest holiday light show in the US. The 6-mile drive will take you through 1 million lights and 60 different displays. This is definitely a must-see.
- In Orlando, Florida, you can enjoy Disney’s amazing display of lights, plus Florida snow! Now that’s definitely not something you see every day.
- One of the oldest holiday celebrations is held in the original French colony in Louisiana. The festival of Lights at Natchitoches also includes a parade, food fair and fireworks.
- The Trail of Lights in Austin, Texas is an annual tradition which has dozens of displays and 300,000 twinkling holiday lights.
- Over one million lights on one of the best shopping streets in the country? You can definitely count us in for the Magnificent Mile Lights Festival in Chicago, IL.
- As if Sedona, Arizona weren’t beautiful enough, imagine adding more than a million holiday lights to the mix. And the best part is that the displays are all created by families in competition. There’s nothing like a little neighborhood rivalry!
There are tons and tons of great holiday light displays and festivals all over the country. And, there’s no better way to celebrate this festive time of year than getting together with friends and family, hopping in your car, and checking out the magical lights for yourself. As we always say, before you get behind the wheel though, make sure you’re insured. For the most affordable and reliable auto insurance around, SafeAuto is the company for you. Visit our website today for a free quote!