At SafeAuto, we understand that drivers want cheap, yet reliable car insurance. SafeAuto is all about providing cheap car insurance that meets your state’s minimum coverage requirements. We know you want the right car insurance coverage for the right price.
Many drivers wonder whether or not there are tips for obtaining cheap car insurance quotes. While there is not a “secret formula” for an affordable quote, being informed about the factors that can go into determining car insurance pricing is beneficial for drivers.
The amount that you pay for auto insurance will depend on several factors including age, marital status, location, and what vehicle you drive. While age, gender and location generally will not change, other variables can influence your insurance rates. One question to ask yourself when looking for affordable coverage is “What is my policy actually insuring?” Although you are buying one policy for one vehicle, a number of variables will depict the cost. Some of these include:
- Bodily injury liability: This covers injuries and deaths claimed against you, as well as legal costs, if your car injures or kills someone.
- Property damage liability: This covers claims for property that your car damaged during an accident. Since liability coverage protects the other party, it is required in most states.
- Medical payments: This coverage will pay for the cost of injuries to yourself and the tenants of your vehicle. In some states this is optional. In a “no-fault” state, personal injury protection replaces medical payments as part of the basic coverage.
- Uninsured motorist protection: This coverage protects against injuries caused to you or the occupants of your vehicle by uninsured or hit-and-run drivers. “Under-insured” coverage also is available, which cover claims you make against a driver who has insufficient insurance.
- Collision coverage: This coverage protects you against the costs of the damage to your car up to its book value. Collision coverage carries a deductible, which is the amount you have to pay per claim before the insurance will take effect. The lower the deductible, the higher the premium.
- Comprehensive (physical damage): Covers damage to your car from theft, vandalism, fire, wind, flood, and other non-accident causes. Comprehensive also carries a deductible.
Although you may want to drive a fancy sports car or SUV, your insurance company will likely charge you more to protect it. Insurance premiums are partially based on the price of the vehicle. The cost of the vehicle will reflect the replacement cost if the vehicle is stolen or totaled in an accident. How expensive it would be to fix your car will also partially affect your premium cost. Some vehicles that are frequently stolen or involved in accidents may carry a surcharge.
SUV’s often tend to have higher insurance rates than mid-sized and full-sized vehicles. However, some SUV models remain relatively cheap. The reason SUV’s tend to have higher insurance rates is because they are among the most frequently stolen vehicles, and they are usually more expensive than a regular car. SUV’s can also cost more to fix if the 4 wheel drive is damaged.
SafeAuto makes it easy to enjoy the road ahead with free a car insurance quote, flexible payment options with Quick Pay and 24/7 customer service. If you are looking for tips for cheap car insurance quotes, see how our rates stack up against the competition by the brand new www.safeauto.com.