We all can understand that there are laws in place for a reason. Some states, however, have some very wacky ideas about what they need to make legal or illegal for their drivers. We found some of the craziest laws ever and wanted to share them with you:
- In Arkansas, authorities have deemed it illegal to blare a car horn where ice cold beverages or sandwiches are served after 9 p.m.
- In Hermosa Beach, California, it is illegal to spill your Margarita on any street.
- Officials in Dublin, Georgia, have made it illegal to drive through playgrounds.
- In Derby, Kansas, it is considered a misdemeanor to screech your tires while driving. This offensive act can cost you 30 days in jail.
- If you possess a PG-13 vocabulary in Rockville, Maryland, take the bypass. Swearing from a vehicle in Rockville is considered a misdemeanor.
- In Minnetonka, Minnesota if you drive a truck that leaves mud, dirt or sticky substances on any road you will be considered a public nuisance that is harming the peace, safety and general welfare of the town.
- In Canton, Ohio, people wearing roller skates cannot share the streets with cars.
- In Scituate, Rhode Island, it is illegal to drive with beer in your vehicle even if it is unopened.
- West Virginia is for meat lovers. Officials in the Mountain State have deemed it perfectly legal for anyone to scavenge road kill.
- In Oklahoma, you will be ticketed if caught reading a comic book while driving.
Though all of the laws mentioned above seem pretty silly and a tad bit unnecessary, one law that we’ll never argue with is the one that says it’s illegal to drive without car insurance. For a free quote from the most affordable auto insurance company around, visit our website at www.safeauto.com