Car Insurance FAQs

We know that purchasing car insurance can be overwhelming but at SafeAuto we try to make the process simple. From our free 3 minute quote to our 24/7 customer service line, we are here to answer any questions you have so you can drive safe, spend less, and enjoy the road ahead.

Car insurance FAQs

What kind of car insurance do I need?

The right car insurance for you depends on several factors, such as the age of your car, your driving record, your age, and much more. Everyone needs liability insurance, no matter how long they have been driving. Considered a high risk driver? SafeAuto has specialized in providing high risk auto insurance to drivers for over 25 years.

Fortunately, SafeAuto specializes in helping drivers meet those requirements with affordable car insurance. Liability insurance protects you against the claims of other drivers for their injuries (bodily injury) or vehicle damage (property damage) if you cause an accident. How much protection you need depends on the level of liability protection you want to have and what is mandated by state lawAll car insurance coverage is subject to terms and conditions of your policy and vary state by state. 

How much coverage does my state require?

The first step to purchasing car insurance is knowing what your state requires, as every state sets their own requirements for minimum car insurance coverage. If you don’t know what your state requires, head over to SafeAuto’s state requirements page.

What is the difference between collision and comprehensive insurance?

The primary difference between collision and comprehensive insurance is what type of damage is covered in the event that you are involved in an accident. Collision car insurance helps cover the cost of repairs if your vehicle is involved in a collision. Comprehensive insurance will cover you if you hit an animal, experience a natural disaster (i.e. floods, tornadoes, hail), theft/vandalism, and fire. This may also be required by lenders if you are leasing your vehicle or purchased it using a loan.

What is SR-22 insurance?

SR-22 insurance, or an SR-22, is a certification issued by your car insurance company showing proof that you are carrying the minimum liability coverage required by your state. Most state DMVS will require you hold an SR-22 if you have been involved in an accident and were not carrying minimum car insurance. SR-22s can also be required for other types of traffic offenses such as DUI or DWI or receiving too many tickets in a short period of time. 

For more information on insurance with SafeAuto, head to our info center page. Car insurance can be complicated so for a personalized experience, call 1-800-SAFEAUTO (1-800-723-3288) to speak to one of our customer service representatives.

Add Comment