June 30, 2021
Happy Independence Day!
No matter if you’re taking a road trip or traveling closer to home, SafeAuto is encouraging drivers to play it safe this Fourth of July. This time of year is traditionally one of the most dangerous times to be on the road with an increase in drunk drivers and deadly crashes. On top of that, AAA is estimating a record-breaking 43.6 million Americans will drive over the holiday weekend. To make this weekend easy to navigate, we have put together the ultimate safety guide to use and share!
Summer Safety Tips 101:
Don’t drink and drive: First and foremost, if you’re planning to attend a Fourth of July party, don’t drink and drive. Make sure you have a plan and a safe ride home.
Fill up before: Gas prices are likely to spike on Friday! Fill up that tank to get ahead of the demand. You can thank us later.
Keep your eyes on the road: If you’re going on a road trip and using your phone to navigate, program your route ahead of time. Review the directions to get a sense of where you’re going. Turn on audio directions, so you don’t have to refer to the map.
Have the essentials in case of an emergency. In case your car unexpectedly breaks down, be sure to keep the essential packed for your long road trip:
- In case your car unexpectedly breaks down, keep a pair of work gloves in your car to safely work on your vehicle in extreme temperatures. Don’t want to ruin your fresh manicure.
- A first aid kit and a flashlight are items to have that could save your life if you get in an accident or your car breaks down. Make sure your kit is fully stocked and includes extra batteries.
- You shouldn’t leave home without walking shoes in case you need to walk to a gas station or away from danger.
- An umbrella is another item to have in case you end up stranded in the rain.
- A portable phone charger to make sure your phone won’t die even if you have no battery or gas.
- You should always have bottles of water to prevent dehydration as well as in preparation for an overheated engine.
- Your insurance card! Not only can driving without insurance lead to costly fines, tickets and a suspended license, but driving without insurance can even lead to the possibility of jail time. That’s why it’s so important drivers don’t get behind the wheel until they make sure they’re covered with at least the state minimum.
As we know, for many people, getting the right car insurance that doesn’t break the bank can be an obstacle. That’s where state minimum, our specialty, comes in. In 1993, SafeAuto began as the car insurance carrier that gave more consumers access to the coverage they needed that complies with the law, at a price they could afford. You can get a quote anytime at SafeAuto.com.