Summer Safety Driving Tips
Every season brings its own element to the roads ahead. While there are plenty of warnings about winter driving, there are also various hazards that are associated with summertime driving. After spring has sprung, the ‘need for speed’ can increase your risk for an accident. There are several summertime driving dangers that can affect your time on the roads, and it’s important to be cognizant of those obstacles.
As we enter a new driving season, it is important to know best practices when it comes to safety on the road with other drivers as well as pedestrians. The Insurance Information Institute proves that the highest number of fatal car crashes occur during the month of August. Although summer offers the best weather for driving, it’s important to practice safe driving with these statistics in mind.
From your family at SafeAuto, here is our list of summer driving safety to avoid headaches while you are traveling this summer:
- Construction: Though summer allows for the best weather to drive in, this is also when the majority of roadway construction takes place. Therefore, it is important for drivers to remain vigilant on the roads for the safety of not only other drivers, but construction workers as well.
- Blowouts: As the temperature rises, so does the pressure in your tires. If your tires are worn down, this is the ideal time to get them looked at and adjusted as needed.
- Pedestrian Traffic: As the weather finally begins to warm up, foot traffic increases. While driving on the roads, always be aware of your speed, especially in neighborhoods, as more people will be walking around. It’s important to safely share the road with all.
- Heavier Loads: With the warmer weather comes more opportunities for outdoor activities. The weight from items you transport in your car drastically changes the weight of your vehicle. For example, if you’re hauling a bike, jet ski, or luggage – it’s important to be attentive to how much more weight that’s adding to your car, so you can drive the appropriate speed.
- Need for Speed: With the uptick in temperatures comes the uptick in our speedometers. Although it’s an easier time to be carefree with your driving, it’s important to be attentive to how fast you’re going on the roadways to ensure safety for everyone.
Summer brings different types of driving complications from the other seasons. Following these car tips for summer will help keep you and those around you safe while you’re behind the wheel. If you are in the market for affordable car insurance and looking to obtain a quote, visit us online today.
We hope that after reviewing these summer driving tips you feel more prepared for your time on the road. While enjoying the heat of the summer weather, please stay safe and enjoy the road ahead!