August 2, 2021
Labor Day is often considered the celebration of the end of summer. When celebrating any event, alcohol consumption is usually involved. Unfortunately, Labor Day is no different – and considered one of the most dangerous holidays of the year. According to the National Safety Council, during Labor Day weekend, 38% of fatalities involved an alcohol-impaired driver. That’s a statistic SafeAuto is trying to end.
Not only is driving impaired dangerous and can cost lives – it can also cost you a lot of out-of-pocket money. Your first DUI offense may cost upwards of $10,000 in fines, legal fees, and other related expenses.
Our initiative, We Got You: Drive Sober. Get Rewarded, is to ensure the safest end of summer celebration for you and your family. We want everyone to be educated on the risks of drunk driving, and what you can do to help make this summer the safest one yet.
Instead of getting behind the wheel – take an Uber! We are giving away $25,000 in Uber rides this month. To win a $25 Uber gift card all you must do is:
- Follow SafeAuto on Instagram
- Like our posts on staying sober while driving – posted on Wednesdays until Labor Day
- Share the post to your story/feed and TAG us!
The giftcard will be sent within 10 days, additional rules apply*. The Sweepstakes ends on September 2nd!
In the meantime, in preparation for your Labor Day Weekend, we’re giving you a guide on how to have the safest celebration!
Signs of Impaired Driving:
Alcohol impairs a driver’s reaction time, vision, concentration, and coordination. These are the signs that someone is driving impaired.
- Quick acceleration or deceleration
- Weaving or zig-zagging across the road
- Driving anywhere other than on a road designated for vehicles
- Almost striking an object, curb, or vehicle
- Stopping without cause or erratic braking
- Drifting in and out of traffic lanes
- Signaling that is inconsistent with driving actions
- Slow response to traffic signals (e.g. sudden stop or delayed start)
- Straddling the center lane marker
- Driving with headlights off at night
- Driving slower than 10 mph below the speed limit
- Turning abruptly or illegally
- Driving into opposing traffic on the wrong side of the road
What To Do If You See a Drunk Driver:
If you suspect that a driver on the road is driving impaired, there are a few steps that you can take.
- Stay as far away as possible. Do not put yourself and your passengers at risk for danger. Do not pass this driver or try to get their attention.
- Try to notice details. Without getting too close, try and make out the make, model, and/or license plate number of the vehicle.
- Call 911. Pull over as soon as possible and call to report the driver. Recall the details of the vehicle and describe your exact location. Give details on which direction the driver is traveling in and what actions they did to give you suspicion of impaired driving.
Remember to never get behind the wheel of a car if you have been drinking. Before any event, have a designated driver or use our credit to order an Uber! Stay Sober or Get Pulled Over!
*Must be 18 years old or older to enter. Entries will be deemed made by the authorized Instagram account holder used to submit at time of entry. The “authorized account holder” is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned to a particular Instagram account. A potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry. Limit one (1) entry per person and per e-mail address. The Prize can be redeemed only on Uber accounts and cannot be redeemed against Uber Eats accounts. The Prize is non-transferable and non-refundable. Winning entries will be notified within ten (10) days after entry through a link to the Uber Gift Card in their Instagram Direct Messages. There will only be 1,000 Uber gift cards distributed throughout the promotion, if 1,000 Uber Gift Cards are distributed any entries after will not be eligible to win. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited. Employees, directors and officers, and their immediate families, of SafeAuto (“Sponsor”) its affiliates, subsidiaries, and divisions advertising and promotion agencies and prize partners are not eligible to enter. The promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws. US law governs this promotion. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, the promotion is void where prohibited. There is no purchase requirement to enter the promotion. Purchases do not improve the chances of winning. Download all official rules below.